IN HIS OWN WORDS
“Racing is the air that I breathe. I love what I do. I might have an interest
in something else, but this is what I love to do.”
- Three-time Indianapolis 500 winner (2001, 2002, 2009).
- Tied for 11th all time in Indy cars with 29 race wins.
- Fourth all time in Indy car pole positions with 47.
- Known as Spider-Man for his celebratory fence climbs after winning a race. The tradition began in 2000 at Belle Isle following his first Indy car win.
- “Dancing With the Stars” Season 5 champion in 2007. The “Mirror Ball” trophy is displayed in his home alongside his racing trophies.
- Named People magazine’s “Sexiest Race Car Driver,” has appeared on “Late Show with David Letterman,” “Good Morning America,” “Today,” “Ellen” and “Celebrity Wife Swap.” Served as a correspondent for “Entertainment Tonight.”
- Works out six days a week during the offseason with a regimen including swimming, running and weightlifting.
- Fluent in Portuguese, English and Spanish