IN HIS OWN WORDS:
“There’s two things that we set goals for, and that’s to win the
championship and win the Indianapolis 500. I hope that’s true.”
- Four-time Verizon IndyCar Series champion (2003, 2008, 2013, 2015).
- 2008 Indianapolis 500 winner.
- Most wins of any active Verizon IndyCar Series driver (41), fourth all time.
- 2018 will be his 17th season driving for Chip Ganassi Racing, the longest tenure in team history.
- Born in Australia but is a citizen of New Zealand.
- Known for love of his wife, Emma, a former Welsh and British 800-meter track champion, and his
daughters, Poppy and Tilly
- Appointed Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit in 2012 and was New Zealand’s Sportsman of the
Year in 2008 and 2013.