GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma
• Race 16 of Verizon IndyCar Series season (Aug. 28-30). ... Team Penske’s Juan Pablo Montoya leads the championship standings by 34 points over Graham Rahal of Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing. There are six drivers eligible for the title.
• Entry list: 25 cars entered
• Title contenders match-up: How the double base points shake out
• Sonoma Raceway: Driver performance summary
• 411: Tickets and information
• Twitter: @RaceSonoma, #GoProGP; @IndyCar, #IndyCar
On-track times (all times local/Pacific):
Friday, Aug. 28
2:30-6 p.m. -- Practice 1
Saturday, Aug. 29
10:45-11:30 a.m. -- Practice 2
3:05 p.m. -- Three rounds of qualifications
Sunday, Aug. 30
10-10:30 a.m. -- Practice 3
2:07 p.m. -- Green flag
• Aerodynamic packages: Both Chevrolet and Honda road/street course platforms will be used in accordance with the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook
• Race laps (clockwise): 85 on the 2.385-mile, 12-turn (five left, seven right) permanent road course that has 160 of elevation change
• Track width: Minimum 40 feet
• Pit box length: 40 feet
• Fuel: 95 U.S. gallons of Sunoco E85 for practice/qualifications; 85.5 total gallons for race
• Tires: Seven sets of primary Firestone Firehawks and three sets of alternates for the weekend. New primary and alternate tires for the race weekend, featuring softer compounds for more grip, will be used.
• Push-to-pass parameters: Ten pushes for 15 seconds each
• TV: NBCSN will telecast live Practice 2 (10:30-11:30 a.m. PT) and qualifications (3:30 p.m. PT) Aug. 29. The race will be telecast at 4 p.m. PT Aug. 30 preceded by back-to-back episodes of "INDYCAR Chronicle" featuring Ryan Hunter-Reay and Scott Dixon. Leigh Diffey is the lead announcer with analysts Paul Tracy and Townsend Bell. Pit reporters are Jon Beekhuis, Kevin Lee, Katie Hargitt and Robin Miller.
• Web: Live streaming video of Practice 1 and 3 in conjunction with real-time Timing & Scoring and the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network broadcasts is available on Racecontrol.indycar.com. … For qualifications and the race, Timing & Scoring and the radio network broadcast.
• Radio: All Verizon IndyCar Series races are broadcast live on the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network, Sirius 212, XM 209, Racecontrol.indycar.com, indycarradio.com and on the INDYCAR 15 app. Verizon IndyCar Series qualifying is broadcast on Sirius 212, XM 209, Racecontrol.indycar.com, indycarradio.com and the INDYCAR 15 app. Verizon IndyCar Series practice sessions are on Racecontrol.indycar.com, indycarradio.com and the INDYCAR 15 app. Paul Page is lead announcer with analyst Davey Hamilton.
• INDYCAR 15 app: Verizon Wireless puts fans in the driver's seat with its INDYCAR 15 app, which has been enhanced with features such as an interactive 3D live view with real-time leaderboard and car telemetry to see where a fan's favorite driver is positioned, in-car camera video streaming from cameras that move 360 degrees and driver to pit crew conversation. Download it today
• 2014 race: Scott Dixon, driving the No. 9 Target Chip Ganassi Racing car, led the final three laps to capture his second Indy car victory at the track. Ryan Hunter-Reay of Andretti Autosport was second and Simon Pagenaud finished third.
• Track qualifying record: 1 minute, 17.2393 seconds (111.161 mph) by Will Power of Team Penske in Round 1 of three three rounds of knockout qualifications on Aug. 23, 2014.
• Of note: A full-field driver autograph session will be held from 12:30-1:30 p.m. in the INDYCAR Fan Village, which also has interactive games and exhibits. ... More than 400 Boy Scouts from Northern California and Nevada will camp at the racetrack and watch the race as part of a West Region centennial conclave. ... Team Penske owner Roger Penske, whose drivers have won five times at the racetrack, will be inducted into the Sonoma Raceway Wall of Fame. ... Will Power of Team Penske, among the title contenders, has won three times and finished second another time at the track. ... This will be the 12th Indy car race at the track, which opened in 1968. ... The INDYCAR Championship Celebration will be Aug. 31 at the Nob Hill Masonic Center in San Francisco. ... Graham Rahal threw out the ceremonial first pitch at the San Francisco Giants home game Aug. 26 against the Chicago Cubs. ... The No. 98 Bowers & Wilkins/Curb BHA with Curb-Agajanian crew of Gabby Chaves claimed the Firestone Pit Stop Performance Award at the ABC Supply 500 at Pocono Raceway on Aug. 23 with a total pit-lane time of 2 minutes, 31.30 seconds. The crew will receive its $10,000 award during pre-race festivities at the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma.
• An account has been established on behalf of the Wilson family. Those wishing to contribute electronically can do so HERE or via mail to:
Wilson Children’s Fund
c/o Forum Credit Union
PO Box 50738
Indianapolis, IN 46250-0738
UK-based supporters can send cards and other condolences to the family to:
Keith Wilson c/o Lisa Davis
The Old Post Office
West Sussex RH13 9EZ
A decal, created to honor the memory of Verizon IndyCar Series driver Justin Wilson, will be on the race cars this weekend. INDYCAR will be selling T-shirts and stickers with the logo at Sonoma Raceway and online HERE with 100 percent of the net revenues donated to the Wilson Children’s Fund.