IN HIS OWN WORDS:
"When you look at the field, every single driver on that board can win a
race in the right situation. The competition is tougher because everyone gets more accustomed to the cars
and tracks and the whole system, and it's great to be involved with it. It really is. It's great to be a part of that
competition and create a situation where these drivers become household names, as they should."
- 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series champion.
- Has been championship runner-up four times – 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2016.
- A 32-time Indy car race winner, which ranks ninth on the all-time list
- Has won at least one Indy car race in each of the past 11 seasons (2007-2017).
- Has 50 career Indy car poles, tying him with longtime teammate Helio Castroneves for third on the all-time list.
- He is named after his great-grandfather William Steven Power, who raced motorcycles. Will’s father, Bob, was also a racer.
- Became a father for the first time after he and wife, Elizabeth, welcomed their son, Beau, in December 2016.
- Has three brothers, including Damien, a stand-up comedian who references Will’s racing successes in his act (Twitter: @DamienPower01).
- Loves to play drums in his spare time; bought a drum set with his first work paycheck at the age of 15.
- Has a rigid workout regimen including exercising six times a week – swimming, cycling, weightlifting and rowing.