The unofficial start to the 2023 NTT INDYCAR SERIES season is here, as 27 drivers participate in an open test today and Friday at The Thermal Club.
It’s the series’ first preseason open test since the 2020 test at Circuit of the Americas and INDYCAR’s first appearance at The Thermal Club, a private, world-class facility located just outside Palm Springs, California. The 470-acre property opened in 2012 and is known as a premier circuit for club racers and sports car enthusiasts.
Drivers will be on track from noon-2:30 p.m. ET and 4:30-7:30 p.m. ET Thursday and noon-2:30 p.m. ET and 4-7:30 p.m. ET Friday on an INDYCAR-specific, 17-turn, 3.067-mile layout combining the North and South Palm circuits at Thermal.
INDYCAR’s digital channels are the go-to source for Thermal Open Test coverage. A robust compilation of content over the two days of testing includes:
- Live timing and scoring on INDYCAR Mobile Powered by NTT DATA and http://RaceControl.INDYCAR.com
- Preview video featuring the driver Track Walk and breakdowns of The Thermal Club’s 2.9-mile layout.
- Numerous driver interviews and reports from the pit lane and NTT INDYCAR SERIES paddock.
- Video recaps and highlights following every on-track session.
- Onboard footage from every session.
Twitter: @IndyCar, @ThermalClub #ThermalClubTest, #INDYCAR
Instagram: @IndyCar, @thethermalclub #ThermalClubTest, #INDYCAR
Facebook: @IndyCar, #ThermalClubTest, #INDYCAR
TikTok: @IndyCar, #ThermalClubTest #INDYCAR
Also, visit INDYCAR.com and INDYCAR Mobile Powered by NTT DATA for a daily test recap, feature stories, notebooks and other content both days from Thermal.
The 17-race NTT INDYCAR SERIES season opens Sunday, March 5 with the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg presented by RP Funding on the city streets of St. Petersburg, Florida. The race will be telecast at noon ET by NBC.