Fans can experience the opening day of Hy-Vee INDYCAR Race Weekend at Iowa Speedway free of charge during “Free Family Friday” on July 22.
Gates will open at 2 p.m. (CT), and no tickets will be required to enter the venue on Free Family Friday. All grandstand seating areas will be first-come, first-served general admission viewing throughout the course of the day.
The rising stars of Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires will host the first practice of the weekend from 2:15-3:05 p.m. before the NTT INDYCAR SERIES first practice session on track from 3:30-5 p.m. At approximately 5:30 p.m., track crossing areas will open, and all fans can access the racetrack and the infield paddock area, including the garages where all of the NTT INDYCAR SERIES and Indy Lights teams work on their cars throughout the weekend.
Throughout the evening on Free Family Friday, fans can enjoy a unique, behind-the-scenes experience in the infield and in the Midway area across the track and behind the grandstands.
The Hy-Vee INDYCAR Race Weekend Friday Night fun at Iowa Speedway will include:
- Track Walk – Fans can walk around the 7/8th-mile Iowa Speedway oval on the actual racing surface.
- All-Driver Autograph Session – Fans are invited to meet and get autographs from all NTT INDYCAR SERIES and Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires drivers in front of their individual garages in the paddock from 6-7 p.m.
- Visit Victory Lane – Fans can visit the Victory Lane area at Iowa Speedway and take pictures on the podium, just like the Hy-Vee INDYCAR Race Weekend race winners.
- Connect with Paddock Partners – Check Out the Firestone Tires, AMR Safety Team and INDYCAR Technical Inspection areas in the paddock and learn more about what they do on race weekend.
- Live Music – Experience the concerts on the Turn 4 Stage, located behind the grandstands above Turn 4, featuring live music from both Cody Carter and Damon Dotson on Friday afternoon/evening.
- Great Food – Fans can purchase a Friday night feast from any of the 50 food trucks that will be positioned in the Midway area as part of the Hy-Vee INDYCAR Race Weekend Food Truck Challenge.