#INDYCAR FANTASY CHALLENGE DRIVEN BY FIRESTONE
2022 Official Game Rules
THIS GAME IS DEVISED AS A SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE-BASED, NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION AND IS INTENDED SOLELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES. NO PURCHASE, CONTRIBUTION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. GAME: This #INDYCAR Fantasy Challenge Driven by Firestone ("Game") begins with the commencement of the Registration Period at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 22, 2022, for eighteen (18) rounds of fantasy racing play (“Rounds”) and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on September 11, 2022 (“Game Period”). One-Hundred Ninety (190) winners (“Winners”) will be determined, as set out in these Official Rules, based on ability to apply skill and knowledge concerning the evaluation of race car drivers, race tracks, and average racing speeds at certain designated races during the 2022 racing season. Participation in the Game is subject to the provisions of these official rules (the “Official Rules”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Game competition for prizes (as described below) is open only to individuals who, as of the beginning of the Registration Period (as defined below) are: (i) legally residing, for purposes of all applicable state and federal tax laws, in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia ("Eligibility Area"); and (ii) at least eighteen (18) years of age or older and the age of majority in the state of residence, as of thirty (30) days prior to the commencement of the Game Period. Any person at least eighteen (18) years of age or older and the age of majority in their country, state, or province of residence may play the Game, but only legal residents of the United States (including DC) are eligible to compete for prizes. The Game competition, and where applicable, the Game, is VOID outside of the Eligibility Area or where prohibited or restricted. Except as otherwise expressly set forth in this Section 2, employees and directors of INDYCAR, LLC (“Sponsor” or “INDYCAR”), and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies (including Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC (“Firestone”), Speedway LLC, and other partners, race teams and drivers), and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, the immediate families of such persons (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent or grandparent or so-called “step” or “half’ variations of any of the preceding individuals), and those living in their same households, are ineligible to win or collect prizes in the Game. Only individuals meeting all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules, who validly and properly register for the Game as set out in paragraph 3 below, may participate in the Game and win a prize (“Players”). Notwithstanding the preceding Eligibility restrictions, certain representatives and employees of Sponsor (including INDYCAR, Firestone, Speedway, LLC, and other partners, race teams and drivers), and the family members of such persons, as designated by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, may participate in the Game, but are not Players for purposes of these Official Rules, are not eligible to win a prize, and may not collect or win a prize. Additional entries from any individual using different e-mail addresses will be disqualified and destroyed. Each Player is required to indicate his/her acceptance to the Official Rules where indicated; provided, however, that any Player’s Registration or participation in the Game constitutes and is deemed such Player’s full and unconditional agreement to the Official Rules and any and all decisions of Sponsor and any third-party judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Players agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Game and/or these Official Rules. Eligibility also is subject to policies of participants’ employers concerning the acceptance of incentive benefits, and by participating in this Game, each individual participant warrants that he/she is eligible to participate under his/her employer’s policies.
3. HOW TO REGISTER: At any time between 12:01:01 AM ET on February 22, 2022, and the Round Entry Deadline (as defined below) on September 11, 2022 (the “Registration Period”), each Player must visit fantasy.indycar.com (the “Site”) and follow the on-screen registration instructions to register for the Game and acquire access to the Game portion of the Site (“Registration”). THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE TO PARTICIPATE. In connection with such Registration, each Player will select a unique username and password (which shall be used by such Player in connection with Player’s Game play) and indicate his/her acceptance of these Official Rules. Registration constitutes each Player’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and any and all decisions of Sponsor and any third-party judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Players agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. Limit: one (1) Registration per person/email address. Each Player’s registration must be associated with a single email address. Each Player may use only one email address to participate and the same email address may not be used by more than one Player. If any Player uses more than one email address to play this Game or if more than one Player uses the same email address to play this Game, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all Game plays associated with the Player(s) and email address(es) involved.
By completing a Registration, you will automatically join the Overall INDYCAR Fantasy Challenge Public League, which is the prize-eligible league (for U.S. residents only). You may enter as many other public leagues that are available, however only the INDYCAR Fantasy Challenge Public League is prize-eligible. Additional restrictions are set forth below.
Once you have joined your League, you will be able to see the names of the other teams in it, but will not be able to view such teams’ rosters until after the deadline for the first INDYCAR regular season race. You will compete against all participants in the Fantasy Challenge League for the Game prizes. You can access your league home page at any time by clicking on MY LEAGUES near the top left of the screen and clicking on the league name.
4. HOW TO PLAY/ACCRUE POINTS: The Game consists of eighteen (18) Rounds in which NTT INDYCAR SERIES drivers earn points towards the championship as shown in the table below. The race dates and race locations shown in the table are subject to change; notice of any such change will be posted on the Site.
||Streets of St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg, FL
||Texas Motor Speedway
Ft. Worth, TX
||Streets of Long Beach
Long Beach, CA
||Barber Motorsports Park
||Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Road Course)
||Indianapolis 500 Qualification Event ("Qualification Event")
||Raceway at Belle Isle Park
Elkhart Lake, WI
||Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
||Streets of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
||Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course
||Streets of Nashville
||World Wide Technology Raceway
||Portland International Raceway
||WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
* denotes a double-points race and permits players to select eight (8) drivers.
(a) Game Play: Players must form a team of drivers (a “Team”). Each driver is assigned a “salary” value (“Game Point Value”), that reflects the cost to place such driver on your Team. Driver Game Point Values are updated weekly after each Round. Each Team has a “salary cap” of $100 for each Round during the Game, provided that the salary cap is doubled for double-points races. Prior to each Round, Players may add or drop available drivers from their Team. To play, at any time prior to the Round Entry Deadline (as defined below), Player will log-in to the Site and fully complete one (1) entry for such Round (“Round Entry”) by (i) selecting their Team of four (4) drivers from among the Available Drivers (a “Round Team”), in each case trying to select the Available Drivers for such Round Team that will earn the highest number of official points in that Round’s race.
Each Round Team must consist of four (4) Available Drivers; provided that the aggregate Game Point Value for a Player’s Round Team (the “Team Point Total”) may not exceed one hundred dollars ($100). All Game Point Value assignments are made by Sponsor in its sole discretion, independent of any third-party advice, recommendation or influence.
All Round Entries must be submitted electronically no later than 15 minutes before the official scheduled start time of the applicable Round race (as reflected on the Site subject to any delays, suspensions, rescheduling and/or cancellations) (“Round Entry Deadline”). If a Player fails to submit a Round Entry before the Round Entry Deadline, such Player will not receive any points for that ‘Round’. A minimal team will not be selected automatically for a player. The clock on Sponsor’s database server shall be the official timekeeper for this Game.
Any race delays or postponements due to weather or any other reason will extend the line-up submission deadline for any round. In the event of a postponement or race time change, the line-up submission will be moved to 15 minutes prior to the posted green flag time, so long as the track does not go “warm,” (a track is “Warm” after the command for drivers to go their cars is given). The deadline may also be moved to an earlier time if the official start time for any race has its official start time moved to an earlier time. You will be notified of the upcoming deadline for each race on your league homepage or via email or push notification through the INDYCAR Mobile App.
If a race is postponed to the next day or subsequent day, the original deadline will change to 15 minutes prior to the updated posted green flag time to set the Team lineup applies. The final scheduled race day of this Game is on Sunday, September 26, 2022. Should the final race (or any other race) be postponed or rescheduled for any reason, such postponed race will be included in this Game as long as it is run no later than the Wednesday following the scheduled final race of the 2022 NTT INDYCAR SERIES season.
Any Round Entries containing a Team Point Total exceeding one hundred dollars ($100) (or $200 for double-points races) will be disqualified. Round Entries may be revised and re-submitted at any time prior to the applicable Round Entry Deadline. Players may submit only one (1) Round Entry, as applicable, for each Round. Additional Round Entries from any individual, using different e-mail addresses or any other system of multiple entries, will be disqualified. Lost, late, illegible, incomplete or misdirected Round Entries are not eligible. Players will earn the number of points that are equal to the total number of official points earned by, and credited to, the drivers on Player’s Round Team in each Round (according to the official published results as of the end of the applicable race) (“Round Score”). For purposes of these Official Rules, the cumulative sum of all of a Player’s Round Scores, as computed following the end of any given Round, shall be deemed such Player’s “Total Game Score.”
Your Team is comprised of real-life NTT INDYCAR SERIES drivers, and the statistics that those drivers accumulate are based on their real-life performances throughout the course of this Game. Points are awarded to each of your Fantasy Team’s drivers in each race based on the following scoring system:
NTT INDYCAR SERIES Championship Points
Race Finish Points
| Finishing Position
| 25 - 33
Double-points races (for 2022, there will be only one double-points race, the Indianapolis 500) earn drivers double the amount of points for finishing in the positions noted in the cart above (i.e., 1st place finish = 100 points).
Bonus Points – there are various Bonus Points available in each race. Bonus point values remain the same for standard and double-point races.
- Pole Position Award: 1 bonus point
- Leading At Least One Lap: 1 bonus point
- Most Laps Led: 2 bonus points
- In-race bonus: 0.25 points awarded to the driver with the fastest individual lap for each leader lap under green flag conditions.
- “Pick the Podium” – correctly predicting the 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd place drivers in a race will result in additional points:
- Correct selection for 1st Place: 25 bonus points
- Correct selection for 2nd Place: 15 bonus points
- Correct selection for 3rd Place: 10 bonus points
- Each driver can be selected for only one podium slot.
Scoring for Indianapolis 500® Qualification Event – the Indy 500 Qualification Event will be scored based on the NTT INDYCAR SERIES Championship Points scale noted above, where the points received for a driver’s qualification position corresponds to the points received for a final placement in race. For example, the driver qualifying for position 1 will receive 50 points, the driver qualifying for the position 33 will receive 5 points. In the event a driver does not qualify for the Indianapolis 500, such driver will not receive any points.
- “Pick the Front Row” Bonus – correctly predicting the drivers for the pole, middle, and outside positions of the front row will earn additional points:
- Correct selection for Pole Position: 25 bonus points
- Correct selection for Middle-Row 1: 15 bonus points
- Correct selection for Outside-Row 1: 10 bonus points
- Each driver can be selected for only one slot in the front row.
Additional Scoring Terms
- Drivers will only earn points for official INDYCAR races, starting on Sunday, February 27, 2022 and ending on Sunday, September 11, 2022.
- If a driver participates in practice and/or Qualifications, but is unable to start a Race, the driver shall receive half of the points that he/she would have received for the Race had such driver started the Race. If a new driver starts the race in the same car, the original driver of such car will not receive any points, the replacement driver will receive the points based on regular scoring.
- A driver's points are added to a Player’s weekly Team totals only during the races(s) that such driver isn the Player’s Team. In the event the starting driver receives relief during the running of a race, the starting driver will receive the points for that car for the race. The relief driver will not receive any points for driving that car.
- Also, entrant and driver points will be awarded for the Indianapolis 500 qualification event based on final qualifying results as follows: The fastest qualifying entrant and driver (pole sitter) will receive 9 points, second fastest will receive 8 points and points awarded will decrease by one-point increments down to ninth fastest (1 point). These points will be assigned to the Indianapolis 500 Race “Round,” not the Indianapolis 500 Qualification Event “Round.”
- The Race Finish Points category will automatically include all scoring from above. Therefore, specific bonus categories such as “Most Laps Led” and “Leading at Least One Lap” will not have separate listings.
(c) Determining Winners
Subject to these Official Rules, the individual Player with the highest Round Score upon the conclusion of each Round, will be the Round Winner (“First PlaceRound Winner”), and nine (9) individual Players with the next-highest Round Scores in descending order immediately following the First Place Round Winner, upon the conclusion of each Round, will be the additional Round Winners (i.e., second place through tenth place). The highest Total Game Score upon the conclusion of the Game, as set forth in these Official Rules, will be the First Place Grand Prize Winner (“First Place Grand Prize Winner”), subject to verification and the nine (9) individual Players with the next highest Total Game Scores in descending order immediately following the First Place Grand Prize Winner, upon the conclusion of the Game, will be the additional Grand Prize Winners (i.e., second place through tenth place).
Tie-Breaking Procedure: (a) In the event of a tie between Players, the applicable Winner will be that Player whose Fastest Lap Speed prediction has the smallest difference (positive or negative) to the actual fastest lap speed of the race* occurring during the Round in which such tied Players submitted a valid entry; and (b) If such Players remain tied after the Average Speed tie-breaking procedure (as would be the case with identical entries), the applicable Winner will be that Player demonstrating superior knowledge and confidence by submitting his/her Round Entry at the earliest time, as between the tied Players and based on the actual documented time of Player’s entry as reflected in the database server.
*For the Indy 500 Qualification Event only, the tie-breaker will be based on the four-lap average qualification speed for the Indianapolis 500 Pole Position.
||2023 VIP Experience at INDYCAR race of choice for winner and one (1) guest
|2nd – 3rd Place
|4th – 10th Place
||One-Year Streaming On-Demand Subscription for SiriusXM; Firestone Hat
||Signed memorabilia; Firestone Hat
||Official Merchandise store credit; Firestone hat
|4th – 10th Place
The First Place Grand Prize includes: round trip airfare for two (2) (if within one hundred (100) miles, ground transportation is provided); reimbursement for three (3) day rental car; three (3) night stay in hotel; and two (2) grandstand seats (the “First Place Grand Prize”).
Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded. All travel is subject to blackout dates, must be completed the final race of the 2022 NTT INDYCAR SERIES season and all travel arrangements must be made by Sponsor’s agent and will be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. First Place Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary. All other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules, including meals, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges, room service, taxi or car service, airport/hotel transfers, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, tips, gratuities, service charges and any other travel-related expenses are the sole responsibility of the First Place Grand Prize Winner. The travel companion of the First Place Grand Prize Winner must be eighteen (18) years of age or older and must also sign a liability and publicity release (where legal) prior to any ticketing of travel. Travel changes will not be accepted after reservations have been booked. If, in the sole judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to the First Place Grand Prize Winner’s proximity to the destination city, ground transportation may be substituted for air travel in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, vouchers or other certificates or cards. Sponsor is not responsible if the First Place Grand Prize Winner does not use any portion of the First Place Grand Prize. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. Sponsor and its respective employees, contractors, directors and officers, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, as applicable, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development, promotion, evolvement and execution of this Game, are not responsible if the First Place Grand Prize, or any part thereof, cannot be awarded due to travel or event cancellations, delays or interruptions due to any acts of God, action(s), regulations(s), order(s), or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s), or request(s) prove to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control, and shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or deny event entry to First Place Grand Prize Winner and/or guest if he/she engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at any event. All event tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. The First Place Grand Prize Winner and guest agree to comply with all applicable event or game venue rules and regulations.
6. PRIZE AWARDING: Prizes will be awarded after confirmation of eligibility and, if applicable, execution of requested eligibility and release documents. All prizes will be awarded if claimed. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Additional prizes may become available, based on event. Winners will be responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes incurred in winning and accepting any prizes and all other expenses incurred in winning and accepting the prizes. Winners may receive an IRS 1099 form reporting the value of their prize. All Winners will be initially identified, subject to eligibility, no later than on or about seven (7) business days following the date of the last race (“Effective Date”), by Sponsor or its agent, whose decisions are final and binding. Winners will be notified by overnight mail and/or email, at Sponsor’s discretion, on or about fourteen (14) business days following the Effective Date (“Notification”) and must respond to the notification with ten (10) days of the date sent or his/her prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in a Player’s mailing address, email address and/or telephone number. Each Winner must provide positive identification in such form as is specified by Sponsor to claim his/her prize. First Place Grand Prize Winner will (and other prize winners may) be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and return it within ten (10) days of Sponsor’s request (except where void or prohibited by law). Winning and claiming a prize is contingent upon Winner’s provision of all information requested by Sponsor, in the Notification or otherwise, subject to applicable law, and upon Winner eligibility, validation and verification, as determined by Sponsor. All prizes (other than the First Place Grand Prize) must be redeemed by each Winner no later than fourteen (14) days following Sponsor’s confirmation of Notification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Player or Winner, the individual who was, at the time of Registration, as determined by Sponsor, the documented registered holder of the email account used in connection with Registration for the Game will be deemed the eligible Player or Winner, as applicable. Players are solely responsible for notifying Sponsor during the Game Period if his/her email address or any other contact information changes. Prizes may not be transferred, and any transfer will result in forfeiture. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed above in Section 4. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with either the cash value of such prize or a prize or prizes of equal or greater value in the event any stated prize becomes unavailable. If a Winner cannot be contacted within the specified time period, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or if a Notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Winner will be selected, in Sponsor’s discretion. For purposes of this Game, the alternate winner, if necessary, will be the Player with the next-highest score immediately following that of the disqualified Player, as determined by and set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to award equal prizes to any tied Players as long as the sum total of such prizes is equal to the ARV of the designated prize. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its respective designees to use of Winner’s name, address, likeness, statements, voice, and biographical information for promotional purposes in any media without notice, further payment, consideration, credit, or right of approval or review (except where void or prohibited by law).
7. GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION: The use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like methods (including without limitation the use of any promotion/game subscription, notification, entry or like sites or service that offers Round Entry services "on behalf of" Player) is strictly prohibited and any Player using or suspected of using such methods may be disqualified. Persons found tampering with, hacking, illegally registering for or abusing any aspect of the Game will be immediately disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor may immediately terminate that Player’s participation in the Game and future games or contests by Sponsor and Player will be ineligible to win. Any violation set out in this Rule or other attempt to damage any website of Sponsor, or tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Game, is a violation of these Official Rules, as well as any and all applicable criminal and civil laws. Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any Players or individuals acting in concert with any Player to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event any portion of this Game is compromised as determined by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Game. If the Game is terminated, Winners will be determined from among all eligible Players based upon the applicable scores for such Players as of the date of such termination.
10. GENERAL INFORMATION: THIS GAME IS DEVISED AS A SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE-BASED, NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION AND IS INTENDED SOLELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES. The Game is VOID outside of the Eligibility Area or where prohibited or restricted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic, problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, access providers, equipment, or software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received for any reason, traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any other technical problems related to website entries or any combination of the foregoing, including any injury or damage to a Player’s or any other person’s computer. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Official Rules at any time for the purposes of clarifying and effectuating how the Game should be played, how the Game will be scored, how Winners are determined, how tie-breaking procedures are applied and how unanticipated ties are resolved. Any changes to the Official Rules will be reasonably made with the intention of not materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Game. In the event of inadvertent computer or operator error, the illegal or inappropriate activity of any Player or unrelated third party, the unanticipated application, failure of Site function, effect of Game mechanisms of play or individual components, software or hardware, any change of law, general market conditions or industry custom relevant to identical or similar programs or games, any force majeure events affecting the commencement, timing, operation, schedule(s) of registration, Player entry, Rounds or entry deadlines, the accrual or calculation of points, the determination, notification or posting of Winners, the application of tie-breaking procedures, Sponsor reserves the right to modify, revise, add-to, nullify or utilize only in part the stated timing, commencement or termination of any round, period, entry or promotion period or schedule and/or, in its sole discretion, to implement substitute rounds, periods, entry or promotion periods or schedules, or portions thereof, solely for purposes of conducting the Game in a fair and reasonable manner and determining Winners on an equal basis and without unfairly disqualifying otherwise eligible Players from winning. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Any and all disputes in connection with the Game will be resolved exclusively in the appropriate courts in the State of Indiana without regard to conflict of laws principles. Each Player waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue and hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Indianapolis, Indiana. The failure of Sponsor to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any part of the Official Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, that part will be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law and the remainder of the Official Rules will remain fully in force.
11. WINNERS LIST: The complete list of all Winners will be posted on the “STANDINGS” page contained on the Site and will be available for viewing on or about the Effective Date or may be obtained by emailing email@example.com or sending a written request in a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: INDYCAR, LLC, Attn: #INDYCAR Fantasy Challenge Administration, 4551 West 16th St., Indianapolis, IN 46222 (residents of Vermont may omit postage).
Sponsored By: INDYCAR, LLC / NTT INDYCAR SERIES, 4551 West 16th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46222.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.