IN HIS OWN WORDS:
(About his approach to racing in 2017): "The
atmosphere (on the team), a lot of it is just me. I decided for myself that, 'I'm going to do this for me. I'm
going to have fun. I’m going to drive to impress myself, not anybody else.' When you drive more relaxed,
you do a better job."
- Third-generation driver; grandfather, Mario, won 52 races (including the 1969 Indianapolis 500) and four
Indy car championships; father, Michael, won 42 races and one championship.
- 2018 will be his 13th season competing in the Verizon IndyCar Series - all with Andretti Autosport.
- Has competed in the American Le Mans Series, the A1GP World Cup of Motorsport, 24 Hours of Le Mans and the FIA Formula E Championship.
- 2006 Indianapolis 500 and Verizon IndyCar Series Rookie of the Year.
- Two-time race winner, four-time pole sitter.
- Loves his family but wants to be known for his first name and not his family name.
- Purchased his childhood home in Nazareth, Pa., where he spends most of his free time.
- Operates a burgeoning real estate business.
- Married his longtime girlfriend, Polish model and actress Marta Krupa in the fall of 2017