Numbers to note from the Iowa Corn Indy 250 presented by DEKALB, the 10th race of the 2013 IZOD IndyCar Series season:
– Average running position of race winner James Hinchcliffe during the 250 laps.
– Consecutive front-row starts for Will Power … Consecutive Firestone Indy Lights wins for Sage Karam.
– Wins for James Hinchcliffe since the start of the season, most of any driver ... Positions gained by Ed Carpenter in the final 25 laps of the race.
– Podium finishes for Sage Karam during the 2013 Firestone Indy Lights season.
– Consecutive top-10 finishes for Helio Castroneves.
– Average running position of second-place finisher Ryan Hunter-Reay during the 250 laps.
– Points separating Helio Castroneves and Ryan Hunter-Reay in the IZOD IndyCar Series standings.
– Positions improved by Ryan Hunter-Reay, the most positions gained in the race.
– Laps that Ryan Hunter-Reay improved his position over the 250 laps of competition, most of any driver.
– Wins as a car owner by Michael Andretti, which ranks fourth all-time among Indy car team owners. Andretti is third among Indy car race winners with 42.
– Laps led by James Hinchcliffe, more than twice the number of laps he had led in his career entering the race (99).
– Consecutive Indy car starts for Scott Dixon dating to the 2004 race in Michigan. Dixon ranks seventh on the all-time list.
- Consecutive Indy car starts for Tony Kanaan dating to the 2001 CART race in Portland. Kanaan is second to Jimmy Vasser's 211 straight starts.
1,423 – Laps completed by Helio Castoneves. He is the only driver to complete every lap of every race.