IN HIS OWN WORDS:
(About the atmosphere at his new team in 2017, Dale Coyne Racing): "The spirit on the team is really good. With Dale's commitment, his financial contribution, his drive for racing and his consistency over the years, we've got a solid foundation. Even if the progress is slower than it might be on the bigger teams, as long as you keep moving forward and add to what you're trying to do and don't go backward, you can do a lot of things with not so much."
- Only Indy car driver to win four consecutive championships (2004-2007 in Champ Car).
- Sits sixth on Indy car career victory list with 36 wins.
- Tied for seventh in career poles with 33 and has won race from the pole 18 times, third on all-time list.
- Accomplished sports car racer who helped Ford Chip Ganassi Racing win the GTE Class at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in Ford’s return to the famed endurance race in 2016 and the GT Le Mans class at the 24 Hours of Daytona in 2017. Had finished second overall in 24 Hours three times with Team Peugeot.
- Has overall (2014) and class (2017) wins at Rolex 24 At Daytona. Has also won the overall 12 Hours of Sebring and Petit Le Mans.
- Drove two seasons in Formula One (2008-2009) with Toro Rosso
- An avid cyclist and runner who takes advantage of his home in Florida to stay in shape year-round.
- His father, Patrick, was also a race driver and competed in European Touring cars and the 24 Hours of Le Mans in their hometown.