IN HIS OWN WORDS
(On INDYCAR's competitiveness): "It is such a competitive series, and consistency is so valuable that even if you're not winning races, if you're consistently in the top five, getting on the podium, maybe snag a win or two, there's absolutely no reason why you can't be at least in the hunt, in the conversation of the championship."
- Five-time Verizon IndyCar Series race winner
- 2011 Verizon IndyCar Series Rookie of the Year
- 2010 Indy Lights runner-up.
- Tony Renna Rising Star Award winner, 2011; Greg Moore Legacy Award winner, 2010
- Self-proclaimed mayor of fictional Internet city "Hinchtown."
- Finished second on Season 23 of "Dancing with the Stars" along with partner Sharna Burgess. His eight-week run on the Emmy-award winning show landed him appearances on "Ellen," "Good Morning America," "Entertainment Tonight," "Access Hollywood" and "The View."
- Has microbrew beer named for him: Hinchtown Hammer Down brewed by Flat12 Bierwerks in Indianapolis. The golden ale is now available year-round across Indiana, Kentucky and Hinchcliffe's native Ontario.
- Collects guitars and antique lighters, counts Eric Clapton, Joe Walsh, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Buddy Guy among his favorite guitarists
- Worked as a broadcast analyst for Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network, Champ Car and A1 GP Network. Hosts the "Mayor on Air" radio show and podcast on Sirius/XM Radio.
- Lists Twenty One Pilots, The Chainsmokers, Drake, Justin Timberlake, The Weeknd, Skrillex and Diplo among his favorite musical artists.
- Certified SCUBA diver.