Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio
• Race 14 of Verizon IndyCar Series season (July 31, Aug. 1-2). ... Team Penske’s Juan Pablo Montoya leads the championship standings by 42 points over Graham Rahal of Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing. Second through eighth are separated by 51 points with three races left.
• Entry list: 24 cars entered
• Driver performance summary at Mid-Ohio
• 411: Tickets and information
• For spectators: Infield activities for all ages are available throughout the weekend. The INDYCAR Fan Village offers interactive displays and games, and will host three driver autograph sessions Aug. 1 -- Indy Lights from 10:30-11 a.m., Verizon IndyCar Series from 1-2 p.m. and Pro Mazda from 4:15-4:45 p.m. ... Mario Andretti will sign autographs at 1:30 p.m. July 31 at the INDYCAR Fan Village and at 11:30 a.m. Aug. 1 at the Honda "Power of Dreams" display in the infield. ... For ticket-holders who are camping at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Honda Racing and several Verizon IndyCar Series drivers will host an evening of camping-related activities from 8-10 p.m. Aug. 1. There also is a tent and motorhome decorating contest with special prizes. Details.
• Twitter: @Mid_Ohio, #Honda200; @IndyCar, #IndyCar
Verizon IndyCar Series on-track times (all times ET):
Friday, July 31
10:45-noon – Practice 1
3:15-4:30 – Practice 2
Saturday, Aug. 1
10:45-11:30 -- Practice 3
3 p.m. -- Qualifications
Sunday, Aug. 2
9:45-10:15 a.m. – Practice 4 (warm-up)
2 p.m. – Command to start engines
• Race laps (clockwise): 90 (203.2 miles) on the 2.258-mile, 13-turn road course
• Track width: Minimum 40 feet
• Pit box length: 36 feet
• Race weekend fuel: 70 U.S. gallons of Sunoco E85 for practice/qualifications; 70 gallons for race
• Tires: Eight sets of Firestone Firehawk primary and alternates for the weekend.
• Aerodynamic packages: Both Chevrolet and Honda road/street and short oval platforms will be used, with approved options available for all teams to experiment with and utilize to address drag and downforce.
• TV: NBCSN will telecast the three rounds of qualification live at 3 p.m. ET Aug. 1. The race will be telecast on CNBC at 1:30 p.m. ET Aug. 2 and re-air at 6 p.m. ET on NBCSN. Leigh Diffey is the lead announcer, alongside analysts Townsend Bell and David Hobbs. Pit reporters are Jon Beekhuis, Kevin Lee, Katie Hargitt and Robin Miller.
• Web: Live streaming video of Verizon IndyCar Series practices in conjunction with real-time Timing & Scoring and the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network broadcasts is available on Racecontrol.indycar.com. … For qualifications and the race, Timing & Scoring and the radio network broadcast.
• Radio: All Verizon IndyCar Series races are broadcast live on the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network, Sirius 212, XM 209, Racecontrol.indycar.com, indycarradio.com and on the INDYCAR 15 app. Verizon IndyCar Series qualifying is broadcast on Sirius 212, XM 209, Racecontrol.indycar.com, indycarradio.com and the INDYCAR 15 app. Verizon IndyCar Series practice sessions are on Racecontrol.indycar.com, indycarradio.com and the INDYCAR 15 app. Paul Page is lead announcer with analyst Davey Hamilton.
• INDYCAR 15 app: Verizon Wireless puts fans in the driver's seat with its INDYCAR 15 app, which has been enhanced with features such as an interactive 3D live view with real-time leaderboard and car telemetry to see where a fan's favorite driver is positioned, in-car camera video streaming from cameras that move 360 degrees and driver to pit crew conversation. Download it today
• He said it: “Qualifying is key to having a good race at Mid-Ohio because it is difficult to overtake. There are a couple of places you can do it, Turn 3 in the back stretch and Turn 2, but being up front, like anywhere, always makes things easier.” – Sebastien Bourdais of KVSH Racing
• Points: Driver, entrant and engine manufacturer receive points corresponding to their finish in the race (manufacturer points are awarded to the top three Chevrolet and Honda finishers). Bonus points for driver/entrant also are awarded for Verizon P1 Award (1 point), leading the most laps (2 points) and leading a lap (1 point). Engine manufacturer bonus points are awarded for Verizon P1 Award (1 point) and leading the most laps (2 points).
• 2014 race: Scott Dixon scored a dramatic last-to-first victory in the 90-lap race. Dixon’s win from the 22nd starting position is the second-most spots gained by an Indy car race winner on a road/street course. Max Papis won in 2001 at Laguna Seca from the 25th starting position. Sebastien Bourdais finished second.
• Track qualifying record: Dario Franchitti in 1999 and Gil de Ferran in 2000 recorded identical laps of 1 minute, 05.347 seconds (124.394 mph).
• Of note: All three rungs of the Mazda Road to Indy will race at Mid-Ohio. Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires and the Pro Mazda Championship Presented by Cooper Tires each have two races scheduled. The Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda has a tripleheader scheduled. … There have been nine different winners in 13 Verizon IndyCar Series races this season. There have been seven different winners in the eight road/street course races. ... Dixon has won five times among his seven podium finishes in eight races at Mid-Ohio. … Chip Ganassi Racing Teams has 10 wins at the track, including the past six years. Its next victory will be the 100th in Indy car competition. … The Honda Indy 200 will be the 31st Indy car race at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Johnny Rutherford won the first Indy car race in 1980. ... Austin Cindric, 16, son of Team Penske president Tim Cindric, will drive a Reiter Engineering-developed Lamborghini Gallardo R-EX in both rounds of the Pirelli World Challenge at Mid-Ohio. The teen was born in Columbus, Ohio. ... The No. 1 Verizon Team Penske crew of Will Power claimed the Firestone Pit Stop Performance Award at the Iowa Corn 300 on July 18 with a total pit lane time of 2 minutes, 2.2099 seconds. The crew will receive its $10,000 award during pre-race festivities.