Race 2 of Chevrolet Dual in Detroit presented by Quicken Loans
• Race notes: A wet, raw day is forecast for the Detroit area. Rain tires with a grooved tread pattern that improves grip, control and helps prevent hydroplaning could be used throughout the 70-lap/two-hour timed (whichever comes first) event. Each entry was allotted seven sets for the race weekend. ... If the circuit remains wet throughout, the strategy obviously changes -- even from Race 1, when teams picked the best time to switch from rain tires to slicks and back again.
• Race 2 qualifications: The starting lineup was set by entrant points as INDYCAR discontinued qualifications because of deteriorating track conditions caused by persistent rain. Team Penske's Juan Pablo Montoya and Will Power will start on the front row.
For Race 1, Power led a Team Penske 1-2-3 sweep of the top positions with a qualifying lap record in the Firestone Fast Six session at 1 minute, 16.0941 seconds (111.178 mph). Ride along with Power on the circuit HERE.
• Starting lineup
• Twitter: @DetroitGP @IndyCar, #DetroitGP, #IndyCar
• Tickets and information: www.DetroitGP.com
• TV: ABC will telecast the race beginning at 3:30 p.m. (ET). Allen Bestwick is the lead announcer for ESPN on ABC alongside analysts Scott Goodyear and Eddie Cheever Jr. Rick DeBruhl, Dr. Jerry Punch and Jon Beekhuis are the pit reporters.
• Web: Real-time Timing & Scoring augmented by the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network broadcast is on RaceControl.IndyCar.com.
Paul Page is the chief announcer alongside analyst Davey Hamilton on the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network, Sirius 212, XM 209, IndyCar.com, indycarradio.com and on the INDYCAR 15 app.
• INDYCAR 15 app: The Verizon INDYCAR 15 app has been enhanced with new features to keep fans in the know of the latest race-day action. Exclusive features of the INDYCAR 15 app for Verizon Wireless customers will stream live through the app and include interactive 3D Live View with real-time leaderboard and car telemetry to see where a fan’s favorite driver is positioned, leaderboard with enhanced 2D marching ants and car telemetry, in-car camera video streams from cameras that move 360 degrees and driver-pit crew chatter as drivers talk strategy with their pit crews during the race. Download it HERE.
Course: 2.35-mile, 14-turn temporary street course (clockwise race direction)
Distance: Scheduled 70 laps / 164.5 miles or two hours, whichever occurs first
Push-to-pass parameters: 10 activations for 15 seconds each
Fuel allotment: 60 gallons
Pit box size: 38 feet x 18 feet
• Race 1: Carlos Munoz earned his first Verizon IndyCar Series victory, with Andretti Autosport teammate Marco Andretti finishing second. READ
• Of note: Montoya leads Power by 11 points in the championship standings. ... Mark Reuss, the top product development executive at General Motors, will be the honorary pace car driver of the Chevrolet Corvette Z06. Two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Arie Luyendyk is the pace car driver for the race. ... Racing at Belle Isle Park dates to 1992, when the first temporary course was constructed for a CART race. Bobby Rahal was the winner. … The Raceway at Belle Isle Park hosted two Verizon IndyCar races on the same weekend for the first time in 2013. It was also the inaugural doubleheader weekend in series history. … At 1:15 p.m., Smashmouth performs in concert at Belle Isle. … Shay Lewis will perform the Canadian national anthem and Jeff Gutt, 2013 “The X-Factor” runner-up, will perform the U.S. national anthem.