INDYCAR announced the following post-event infractions from the Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana, the Verizon IndyCar Series race held April 10-12 at NOLA Motorsports Park in Avondale, La.
• INDYCAR officials have penalized driver Ryan Hunter-Reay of Andretti Autosport for violating Rule 9.3.3 (avoidable contact). Hunter-Reay was penalized three points in the drivers point standings and placed on probation for three races.
• INDYCAR officials have penalized driver Francesco Dracone of Dale Coyne Racing for violating Rule 184.108.40.206 (contact with personnel). Dracone was fined $10,000 and placed on probation for six races.
• INDYCAR officials fined driver Marco Andretti of Andretti Autosport $500 for violating Rule 220.127.116.11.1 (competition meeting: drivers told they would be fined for not keeping helmet visor down during pit stop).
• INDYCAR officials fined crew member of Dale Coyne Racing $500 for violating Rule 18.104.22.168(f) (fueling without visor down).
• INDYCAR officials fined crew member of Andretti Autosport $500 for violating Rule 7.9.6 (failure to attend tire during pit stop) and Rule 7.9.11 (equipment must remain in assigned pit).
• INDYCAR officials fined crew member of KVSH Racing $500 for violating Rule 22.214.171.124(g) (over the wall without a helmet).
The members may contest the imposition of the penalty pursuant to the procedures and timelines detailed in the review and appeal procedures of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook.