IN HIS OWN WORDS:
In his own words: “I’m so excited to join Carlin for the 2018 Verizon IndyCar Series season. They were a big part of launching my career when I raced in Europe and we had a lot of success together back in 2005 in the British Formula Three Championship. It seems like everything fell into place at the right time to have this opportunity to work with Trevor and the whole Carlin team again.”
- First winning Verizon IndyCar Series driver with Type 1 diabetes, diagnosed in 2007.
- Races with a continuous glucose monitor that wirelessly transmits data, so if his glucose level falls during the race, he can drink sugar water.
- Drove to maiden Verizon IndyCar Series victory at Mid-Ohio in 2013 and scored his first pole at Texas in 2017.
- Teamed with Juan Pablo Montoya, Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas to win Rolex 24 At Daytona for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates in 2013.
- Accepted into Stanford University but deferred admission to pursue racing career.
- Father, Gordon, was an engineer for Indy car (Patrick, Gurney) and Formula One (McLaren, Ferrari, Benetton) teams.
- Born in Chertsey, England, while his father was working in F1.
- Received 2012 Jefferson Award for Public Service.