Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama
• Race 4 of 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series season (April 25-26). It is the sixth race on the 2.3-mile, 17-turn Barber Motorsports Park road course in Birmingham, Ala. ... Juan Pablo Montoya leads the championship standings by three points over Team Penske teammate Helio Castroneves.
• Entry list: 23 cars entered
• Tickets and event information: www.barbermotorsports.com
• Twitter: @BarberMotorPark, #HIGPA; @IndyCar, #IndyCar, @IndyCaronNBCSN
• TV: NBCSN race telecast at 3 p.m. (ET) April 26; taped qualifying telecast at 5 p.m. (ET) April 25. Leigh Diffey is the chief announcer alongside analysts Townsend Bell and Steve Matchett. Marty Snider, Kelli Stavast, Kevin Lee and Robin Miller are the pit reporters. A re-air of “INDYCAR Chronicles,” featuring James Hinchcliffe, follows the race telecast.
• Web: Live streaming video of Verizon IndyCar Series practice and qualification sessions, in conjunction with real-time Timing & Scoring and the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network broadcasts is available on RaceControl.IndyCar.com.
• INDYCAR 15 app: Verizon Wireless puts fans in the driver's seat with its INDYCAR 15 app, which has been enhanced with features such as an interactive 3D live view with real-time leaderboard and car telemetry to see where a fan's favorite driver is positioned, in-car camera video streaming from cameras that move 360 degrees and driver to pit crew conversation. Download it today.
• Radio: Paul Page is the chief announcer alongside analyst Davey Hamilton. All Verizon IndyCar Series races are broadcast live on the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network, Sirius 212, XM 209, RaceControl.IndyCar.com, indycarradio.com and on the INDYCAR 15 app.
Verizon IndyCar Series qualifying is broadcast on Sirius 213, XM 209, IndyCar.com, indycarradio.com, and the INDYCAR 15 app. Verizon IndyCar Series practice sessions are on RaceControl.IndyCar.com, indycarradio.com and the INDYCAR 15 app.
• Get in the game: Fantasy racing returns to the Verizon IndyCar Series with the launch of the #INDYRIVALS Fantasy Challenge driven by Firestone. INDYCAR’s newest fantasy game allows fans to become team manager by fielding a four-driver lineup for each Verizon IndyCar Series race with a stockpile of prizes on the line each week as the stars of the series go wheel-to-wheel for race wins. Sign up today.
Circuit: 2.3 miles, 17 turns (clockwise)
Race laps: 90 (207 miles)
Push-to-pass parameters: 10 activations for 20 seconds each
Pit box dimensions: 40 x 15 feet
Race weekend fuel: 75 U.S. gallons of Sunoco E85 for practice/qualifying and 75 gallons for race
Tires: Five sets of Firestone Firehawk primary tires and three sets of alternates for the race weekend
Verizon IndyCar Series on-track times (all times ET):
Saturday, April 25
10-11 a.m. -- Practice 1
1:40-2:25 p.m. – Practice 2
4:55 p.m. -- Three rounds of knockout qualifications, including Firestone Fast Six
Sunday, April 26
11-10:30 a.m. – Practice 3 (warm-up)
3:37 p.m. -- Green flag for Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama
Qualifications: Three rounds of knockout qualifying to determine the Verizon P1 Award winner and set grid. Twelve cars from Segment 1 (six quickest from Groups 1 and 2 of 10 minutes of track time) advance to 10-minute Segment 2. Top six from Segment 2 advance to 10-minute Firestone Fast Six session. … Will Power earned the Verizon P1 Award in 2014 (1 minute, 08.3120 seconds; 121.2092 mph). Scott Dixon holds the track record set in Round 1 of qualifying in 2013 (1:06.7750; 123.999).
Points: Driver, entrant and engine manufacturer receive points corresponding to their finish in the race (manufacturer points are awarded to the top three Chevrolet and Honda finishers). Bonus points for driver/entrant also are awarded for Verizon P1 Award (1 point), leading the most laps (2 points) and leading a lap (1 point). Engine manufacturer bonus points are awarded for Verizon P1 Award (1 point) and leading the most laps (2 points).
Of note: Youngsters 12 and under receive free admission with a ticketed adult. … A Verizon IndyCar Series driver autograph session is scheduled from 10:45 a.m. (local) April 25 in the INDYCAR Fan Village. … A Ferris wheel, inflatables, the Honda Manufacturing of Alabama Technical Skills Olympics and mechanical bull are among the attractions during the weekend in the TNT Fireworks Fan Zone. … WBC world heavyweight champion Deontray Wilder of Tuscaloosa, Ala., is the grand marshal. … Rising country music star Drake White will sing the national anthem. ... Donald Davidson is voicing vignettes leading up to the 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race in 2016 during the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network’s pre-race shows. ... Ryan Hunter-Reay has won the past two races at Barber. Will Power also has won twice (2011, 2012). Power and Hunter-Reay have won from the pole. ... Scott Dixon was the runner-up in 2010-13 and finished third in 2014. ... All three Mazda Road to Indy series will contest doubleheaders this weekend at Barber. ... The No. 10 NTT Data Chip Ganassi Racing Chevrolet crew of Tony Kanaan won the Firestone Pit Stop Performance Award during the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach with a total pit lane time of 76.803 seconds. The NTT Data Chip Ganassi Racing crew will receive its $10,000 award during pre-race festivities at the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama. ... Team Penske's four drivers have completed 943 of the 948 laps this season.