The three biggest business days in the racing industry will take place when the doors to the exhibit aisles open for the Performance Racing Industry Trade Show on Thursday, December 11, 2014. The three-day event is open to the trade only, and will be held in the Indiana Convention Center, in Indianapolis.
Over 1100 companies will display the latest advances in racing technology at the PRI Trade Show—the largest gathering of motorsports professionals in the world. Tens of thousands will shop and buy the latest advances in speed parts, engineering solutions and machining equipment, arriving from throughout the U.S. and 70 countries.
INDYCAR has been a long-time participant at PRI, and the 2014 show will be no different. There will be plenty of special presentations and potential announcements at the show, and attendees can stop by the INDYCAR Booth #4057 for more details
Thursday, December 11
Track Operations Forum, 11:00 am
Representatives from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and local Speedway, Indiana police and fire departments discuss the operational details of hosting the world’s largest single-day sporting event.
• Doug Boles, IMS President
• Dave Shaw, IMS Senior Director of Operations
• Kevin Forbes, IMS Director of Engineering & Construction
• Jim Campbell, Speedway (Ind.) Chief of Police
Bobby Rahal & Graham Rahal Availability, 1:15 pm
Indianapolis 500 winner and Rahal-Letterman-Lanigan Racing team owner Bobby Rahal and his son Graham Rahal discuss their careers in IndyCar racing and their outlook on the upcoming 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series season.
• Bobby Rahal, Rahal-Letterman-Lanigan Racing team owner
• Graham Rahal, Rahal-Letterman-Lanigan Racing driver
Indy Lights Engine Badge Announcement, 2:00 pm
Representatives from the Indy Lights developmental series will announce the engine badge for the new Dallara Indy Lights car for the upcoming 2015 season.
• Dan Anderson, Owner of Anderson Promotions
• Brian Barnhart, INDYCAR VP of Competition
• TBD, Engine Manufacturer Representative.
Scott Dixon Availability, 4:00 pm
Indianapolis 500 winner and three-time Verizon IndyCar Series champion Scott Dixon talks about his career in IndyCar racing, reaching the Top Five on the IndyCar all-time win list, and his outlook on the upcoming 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series season.
• Scott Dixon, Target Chip Ganassi Racing driver.
Friday, December 12
The Women of Racing, 11:00 am
Listen to some of the most influential women in INDYCAR talk about their career path and how they were able to rise to the top-level of a predominantly male sport.
• Sarah Fisher, CFH Racing team owner
• Pippa Mann, INDYCAR driver
• Anna Chatten, INDYCAR mechanic/pit crew member
• Kate Gundlach, Chip Ganassi Racing Engineer
The Business of Racing, 2:00 pm
Panel discussion on the business side of racing including the process of motorsports partnership, client relations and the evolving landscape of professional sports sponsorship.
• Ed Carpenter, CFH Racing team owner/driver
• Jim Campbell, General Motors VP of Performance Vehicles and Motorsports
• Doug Bresnahan, Andretti Autosport Chief Marketing Officer
• Mark Sibla, INDYCAR/IMS Vice President of Partner Strategy
Motorsports Media Forum, 3:00 pm
Listen to some of the biggest names in motorsports media discuss their experiences covering the Verizon IndyCar Series and the Indianapolis 500.
• Robin Miller, RACER and NBCSN
• Curt Cavin, Indianapolis Star
• John Oreovicz, ESPN.com
• Kevin Lee, NBCSN and IMS Radio Network
• Vince Welch, ESPN/ABC
Project 100, 4:00 pm
Representatives with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway’s discuss the direction, progress, goals, of ‘Project 100’ and the impact it will have on the historic 2.5-mile race course.
• Doug Boles, President of IMS
Saturday, December 13
Q&A with IMS Historian Donald Davidson, 10:00 am
Indianapolis Motor Speedway historian Donald Davidson hosts a Q&A about the history of IMS and its various motorsports events.
• Donald Davidson, IMS Historian
IndyCar VP of Technology Will Phillips Twitter Q&A, 12:00 pm
INDYCAR Director of Technology Will Phillips participates in a live Twitter Q&A to discuss technology in the series, ongoing development of aero kits set to debut in 2015, and the upcoming Verizon IndyCar Series season.
• Will Phillips, INDYCAR VP of Technology
Social Media Engagement with Josef Newgarden, 1:00 pm
Verizon IndyCar Series driver Josef Newgarden, one INDYCAR’s fastest-rising American stars, joins popular Twitter personality @nascarcasm (David Vrabel) and Brian Simpson, INDYCAR Manager of Digital Media, for a discussion on engaging race fans through social media outlets.
• Josef Newgarden, CFH Racing driver
• David Vrabel, @nascarcasm
• Brian Simpson, INDYCAR Manager, Digital/Social Media & Photo Operations