IZOD INDYCAR SERIES HIGHLIGHTS
May 29, 2005 (Indianapolis
• Finished 24th in IZOD IndyCar Series standings, competing in 11 of 15 events for Dragon Racing.
• Recorded two top-10 finishes, with best of fourth at Mid-Ohio.
• Advanced to the Firestone Fast Six qualifying in three of his final five races, with a high qualifying position of third at Sonoma.
• Competed in nine IZOD IndyCar Series races for Dale Coyne Racing with a best finish of sixth four times.
• Recorded five top-10 finishes.
• Had a best starting spot of fifth at Baltimore.
ROAD TO THE IZOD INDYCAR SERIES
• Competed in SuperLeague Formula for Olympique Lyonnais, scoring a win at Silverstone 2.
• Made three starts for Team Peugeot Total in endurance sports car races at LeMans (won pole), Sebring (finished second overall) and Spa-Francorchamps (pole and race win).
• Competed in Rolex 24 at Daytona and as International Guest Driver in V8 SuperCars round at Surfers Paradise.
• Finished 19th in Formula 1 World Championship for Scuderia Toro Rosso, scoring two points in nine starts.
• Competed in eight SuperLeague Formula events for Sevilla FC with two wins, one pole and six podium finishes to finish ninth in the championship.
• Made two starts for Team Peugeot Total, scoring podium finishes at the 24 Hours of LeMans and 12 Hours of Sebring.
• Finished 17th in the Formula 1 World Championship for Scuderia Toro Rosso with best finish of seventh at Australia and Belgium.
• Won fourth consecutive Champ Car World Series title for Newman/Haas Racing with eight wins and six pole positions in 14 starts.
• Won consecutive races at Long Beach, Houston and Portland. Also won at Edmonton, Zolder, Road America, Surfers Paradise and Mexico City.
• Won third consecutive Champ Car World Series title for Newman/Haas Racing with seven wins, including four in a row to start the season.
• Won at Long Beach, Houston, Monterrey, Milwaukee, San Jose, Montreal and Mexico City.
• Repeated as Champ Car World Series champion for Newman/Haas Racing with six victories.
• Won Crown Royal International Race of Champions event at Texas Motor Speedway.
• Competed in Rolex 24 at Daytona and 12 Hours of Sebring.
• Won Champ Car World Series championship for Newman/Haas Racing with seven wins (Monterrey, Portland, Cleveland, Toronto, Denver, Las Vegas, Mexico City).
• Scored eight pole positions and 10 podium finishes in 14 races.
• Finished third with co-driver Rod Millen in the SCORE Tecate Baja 1000.
• Competed in 24 Hours of Le Mans and Race of Champions.
• Finished fourth in Champ Car World Series for Newman/Haas Racing with three victories (Brands Hatch, Lausitzring, Cleveland), five pole positions and seven podium finishes.
• Named Jim Trueman Rookie of the Year and became the first rookie to win the Greg Moore Legacy Award.
• Became the first rookie in series history to lead the first lap of his first Champ Car start and first driver in series history to win from pole in his oval racing debut.
• Won FIA International F3000 championship for Team Super Nova Racing with three wins (Imola, Monaco, Nurburgring) and six pole positions.
• Finished second in FIA Sport Championship for Team Pescarolo Sport with two wins and one pole position.
• Finished 10th in 24 Hours of Le Mans and won 24 Hours of Spa.
• Finished fourth in FIA International F3000 championship for Team DAMS with one win (Silverstone).
• Competed in both 24 Hours of Le Mans and 12 Hours of Sebring.
• Finished ninth in FIA International F3000 championship for Prost Junior team with best finish of second at Magny-Cours in France.
• Finished fourth in 24 Hours of Le Mans.
• Won French Formula 3 championship for Team La Filiere with eight wins and three pole positions in 17 events.
• Finished sixth as rookie in French Formula 3 championship for Team La Filiere with best finish of third.
• Finished second in French Formula Renault championship for Team La Filiere with four wins, five pole positions and 11 podium finishes in 16 races.
• Finished third in French Formula Renault championship for Team La Filiere with best finish of third.
• Won 24 Hours of Le Mans karting race with co-drivers Besnault, Burriault and Le Ficheant.
• Finished ninth in French Formula Campus championship for Team La Filiere with best finish of second.
• Competed in kart racing, winning the Maine Bretagne League.