IZOD INDYCAR SERIES HIGHLIGHTS
March 6, 2005 (Homestead-Miami Speedway)
First pole start:
Aug. 28, 2005 (Infineon Raceway)
June 1, 2008 (The Milwaukee Mile)
• Finished sixth in IZOD IndyCar Series standings for Team Penske.
• Recorded four podium finishes and 10 top 10s, with a best of second at Long Beach after starting 12th.
• Had front-row starts at Barber and Mid-Ohio.
• Was running at the finish in 15 of the 17 races.
• Finished fifth in IZOD IndyCar Series standings for Team Penske.
• Won at Texas from pole for sixth career victory and added seven other top-five finishes.
• Earned three pole starts overall for third consecutive season with at least one.
• Led 10 races for 308 laps, with high of 102 at Texas, and was running at finish in 15 of the 17 races.
• Finished third in IZOD IndyCar Series standings for Team Penske.
• Recorded three victories, including the opener at St. Petersburg, and four pole starts.
• Started from the front row in nine races.
• Finished runner-up eight times, including record-tying three consecutive races.
• Was running at the finish in 16 of the 17 races.
• Finished fifth in IndyCar Series standings for Team Penske.
• Won twice during championship season, and won the non-points race in Surfers Paradise, Australia.
• Won three PEAK Motor Oil Pole Awards, including his first on an oval at Chicagoland.
• Only driver to participate in every Firestone Fast Six session on street/road courses.
• Started seventh and finished fifth in Indianapolis 500 for Luczo Dragon Racing.
• Finished 21st in IndyCar Series standings driving a limited schedule with Dreyer & Reinbold Racing.
• Made four starts, finishing career-best third at Watkins Glen International in debut with team. Also recorded a ninth-place finish at Nashville.
• Finished 19th in IndyCar Series standings for Target Chip Ganassi Racing with a best finish of eighth (Nashville).
• Captured first career pole at Infineon Raceway.
ROAD TO IZOD INDYCAR SERIES
• Finished second in American Le Mans Series' LMP2 Class for Penske Racing. Teamed with Sascha Maassen to score two overall wins (Utah and Lime Rock) and one overall pole (Belle Isle). Also scored class win at St. Petersburg.
• Competed for Team Australia in A1GP championship with best finish of third (China and Holland).
• Placed second and third in Grand Am Rolex Sports Car Series events at Watkins Glen for Suntrust Racing.
• Made two starts in Champ Car for RuSPORT.
• Served as test driver for Panasonic Toyota Racing in Formula 1. Served as third driver for Friday practice sessions at Hungaroring, Spa-Francochamps, Monza, Shanghai and Interlagos (Brazil).
• Won Formula 3 Euroseries Championship for Prema Powerteam with eight victories (Hockenheim 1, 2 and 4, Adria 2, Pau 1, A-1 Ring 1 and 2 and Zandvoort 2).
• Served as official Toyota Racing Development test driver, with occasional Formula 1 tests for Panasonic Toyota Racing.
• Competed in Formula 3000 International Championship for Nordic Racing with best finish of 12th (Interlagos, Barcelona and Silverstone).
• Competed in German Formula 3 Championship for Prema Powerteam with three podium finishes in six starts.
• Served as Toyota Drivers Academy driver and test driver for Panasonic Toyota Racing.
• Won Italian Formula Renault 2000 Championship for Prema Powerteam with five wins and six pole positions.
• Finished fourth in Formula Renault Eurocup for Prema Powerteam with two wins despite missing four races.
• Signed as Toyota Drivers Academy driver and earned Formula 1 test with Panasonic Toyota Racing.
• Competed in Italian Formula Renault 2000 Winter Series with one win and three pole positions.
• Competed in kart racing in Australia and Italy, winning the Italian Formula A, Australian state championship, three Australian championships and one Oceania championship. Twice named C.A.M.S. Junior Karter of the Year.