IZOD INDYCAR SERIES HIGHLIGHTS
First start: April 7, 2013 (Barber Motorsports Park)
ROAD TO THE IZOD INDYCAR SERIES
• Competed in 21 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events for Penske Racing and Phoenix Racing with a best finish of second at Martinsville.
• Won the pole at Kansas Speedway.
• Won the 50th Rolex 24 with Michael Shank Racing.
• Finished 15th in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series standings for Richard Petty Motorsports with one top-five finish and 10 top-10 results.
• Missed the Chase for the Sprint Cup by 13 points.
• Finished 19th in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series standings for Richard Petty Motorsports.
• Scored two top-five results and eight top 10s overall.
• Won first pole at Phoenix in April.
• Led career-high 143 laps at Dover in September before a cut tire forced him to finish 10th.
• Finishes 24th in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series standings for Richard Petty Motorsports, scoring his first top-five finish in the Daytona 500.
• Posts six top-10 results, with two coming in the final three races.
• Competed in 27 races, driving for Red Bull Racing in 21 events, Michael Waltrip Racing in one race and the final five races for Gillette-Evernham Motorsports.
• Closed out the season by scoring four top-15 finishes in the final five races.
• Scored first career top-10 finish in Sprint Cup competition at Indianapolis in the Brickyard 400 and follows that up with another top 10 at Kansas.
• Competed in one Nationwide Series race and one Camping World Truck Series event.
• Makes first career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start in the March Bristol race.
• Scored first career top-15 finish in the October Charlotte race and leads his first lap of competition in the fall Atlanta race.
• Makes 17 starts and ranks 43rd in the season’s driver points.
• Also competed in seven Nationwide Series races and nine Camping World Truck Series races.
• Finished third in Champ Car World Series, splitting the season between RuSPORT and Forsythe Championship Racing.
• Won five races, including his first three with Forsythe team.
• Finishes with seven podium finishes and one pole position.
• Makes sports car debut with podium finish in Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona.
• Makes NASCAR debut at New Hampshire, starting last and driving up through the field to finish 13th.
• Finished fifth in Champ Car World Series points for RuSPORT with a best finish of second at Milwaukee.
• Produced five podium finishes and one pole position.
• Finished sixth in Champ Car World Series points with nine top-10 finishes in the 14 races.
• Scored first podium at Vancouver.
• Named Jim Trueman Rookie of the Year.
• Won Toyota Atlantic Series for RuSPORT with seven victories and nine poles.
• Named Rookie of the Year.
• Carved out his place in North American racing competing for the Formula Dodge National Championship, earning a spot in the Barber Dodge Pro Series for the following season. … Won the BDPS Championship and Rookie of the Year honors while breaking track records along the way. … Earned the first of three consecutive RACER Magazine “Most Promising Road Racer” Awards.