Jun 10, 2014
Some numbers to note from the Firestone 600, the eighth race of the Verizon IndyCar Series season:
- Driver to complete every lap of every race this season (929), Will Power.
- Wins for Ed Carpenter Racing this season; one each by Ed Carpenter and Mike Conway. The team won one race in its first two seasons in the series.
- Average running position of Will Power during the 248 laps of racing in Texas.
- Average running position of Ed Carpenter during the 248 laps of racing in Texas.
- Consecutive top-five starts for Ed Carpenter Racing between Ed Carpenter (Indianapolis and Texas) and Mike Conway (Detroit 1 and 2). ... Positions gained by Will Power in the final 25 laps of the race (sixth to second).
- Top-10 finishes for Ryan Briscoe at Texas. Briscoe has only finished outside the top 10 once at Texas (12th as a rookie in 2005).
- Positions improved by Graham Rahal, the most of any driver.
- Consecutive top-10 finishes by Will Power dating to Houston-2 in 2013. Power is the only driver to finish in the top 10 in every race in 2014.
- Indy car pole positions for Will Power, passing Dario Franchitti for sixth all time.
- Laps that Carlos Huertas improved his position over the 248 laps of competition, most of any driver.
- Laps led by Ed Carpenter, most by any winning driver in 2014.
- Laps led by Will Power, most by any driver in 2014.
- Consecutive Indy car starts for Tony Kanaan dating to the 2001 CART race in Portland. Kanaan extended his all-time record.