The INDYCAR Future of Fast is a STEM education program designed to help develop
future engineers, drivers, mechanics, and fans of the sport.
STEM is an acronym for the academic fields of Science, Technology, Engineering,
- Program is based on how STEM fields are relevant to INDYCAR.
- Interactive, hands-on experience and integrated into in-classroom learning.
- Future plans include full-scale, certified curriculum and traveling unit.
INDYCAR partner Project Lead The Way will provide curriculum
that is taught in five Learning Pods found throughout the track.
Students will use what they learn at each station, and apply it
in a virtual environment
* Based around ethanol and production
* Relevance of downforce and composite material
* Calculations for fuel economy and development of horsepower
* Calculations for pressure, temperature, and the science behind tires
* Behind-the-scenes look at the technology and equipment that keep drivers safe on and
off the track
2013 INDYCAR FUTURE OF FAST SCHEDULE
Indianapolis Motor Speedway (May 13-23)
The Raceway at Belle Isle Park (May 30-31)
Texas Motor Speedway (June 6-7)
The Streets of Baltimore (August 29-30)
Houston Reliant Park (October 3-4)
Auto Club Speedway (October 17-18)