The Pit Box
1. The flat-screen monitors on top display the current weather and upcoming forecasts, timing & scoring data, the television broadcast and the car’s telemetry.
2. Monitors are placed on the back of the pit box for monitoring the engine.
3. The laptops are utilized by engineers to calculate fuel mileage, pull trends and data from previous races and more.
4. Storage for team communication gear.
5. Antennas are mounted high into the air to provide good reception of radio communication and car telemetry data.
6. A camera is mounted to the antenna pole to record each pit stop for teams to review following the race.
7. A weather station is mounted to the very top of the antennae to monitor wind direction and more.